- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - Lis Smith
Five years ago, then-up-and-coming Democrat Eliot Spitzer got caught patronizing prostitutes and resigned as the governor of New York. The salacious scandal made national news for weeks. The Emperors Club VIP prostitution service's former Client #9 spent a good portion of the interim doing daily penance leading up to his primary run last year for New York City comptroller, the second-most powerful position in the Big Apple. He lost anyway.
"Gov. O'Malley didn't pursue these policies because they were easy or popular, and he certainly didn't pursue them to get national chatter," Ms. Smith said. "He pursued them because they were the right thing to do."
Lis Smith, an O'Malley spokeswoman, said the governor has "never shied away from taking on the big issues of our time."