- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Lisa Polyak
"It's only halfway, we have another chamber that we have to work through, we have another hearing to go through tomorrow, and a whole other group of legislators to motivate, hopefully, to treat our families equally," said Polyak, who challenged the state's marriage law with her partner but lost an appeal before the state's highest court in 2007.
"One child told my daughter she was not allowed to come over to our house because we weren't really a family," Ms. Polyak said. "For them, it's a constant source of sadness and hurtfulness."