- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Liselotte Neumann
Liselotte Neumann won the Legends Tour's season-opening Walgreens Charity Classic on Sunday in 100-degree heat, beating Danielle Ammaccapane with a par on the fourth hole of a playoff.
Morgan Pressel played her way onto another Solheim Cup team. Michelle Wie is returning as a captain's pick.
Liselotte Neumann took her name out of the mix as Solheim Cup captain because she thought it would consume too much of her time. A series of messages from European players convinced her it would be worth it.
"It's the first time I've won in a while and it's the first one on the Legends Tour," said Neumann, the 2013 European Solheim Cup captain. "I was pretty nervous in the playoff, but it feels wonderful now."
"She has a special game and she brings a lot of energy to our team, and she's just a terrific player," Neumann said of Hull. "She plays fearless, and it was just awesome to have her on our team. We all love Charley."