- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Local Government Items
After word spread about an environmental protest that was planned for Saturday in the central Chinese city of Chengdu, drugstores and printing shops were ordered to report anyone making certain purchases. Microbloggers say government fliers urged people not to demonstrate, and schools were told to stay open to keep students on campus.
The protesters converged on the conference center housing Libya's newly elected congress, trying to force their way in past startled guards.
Thousands of demonstrators who marched through this eastern Chinese city on Sunday to protest the expansion of a petrochemical factory won a pledge from the local government that the project would be halted.
It began around nightfall on Sept. 11 with around 150 bearded gunmen, some wearing the Afghan-style tunics favored by Islamic militants, sealing off the streets leading to the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. They set up roadblocks with pick-up trucks mounted with heavy machine guns, according to witnesses.
When Steve Briggs and Steve Weiss, principals with SAI Contractors in Cabin John, worked with homeowners in North Arlington to demolish their home and build a new one on their lot, they never expected to find three streams running underneath the site.
A fleet of 37 Montgomery County Ride On buses have been permanently removed from service after a bus fire Wednesday morning in Silver Spring.
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday decided by a 5-4 margin to remain committed to the Dulles rail project, a $6 billion plan that promises a boost for economic development through the benefits of mass transit.
China suspended three officials and apologized to a woman who was forced to undergo an abortion seven months into her pregnancy in a case that sparked an uproar after graphic photos of the mother and her dead baby were circulated online.
Pakistani fighter jets pounded militant hide-outs in the country's northwestern on Friday, killing 23 suspected insurgents, a government official said.