- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
Latest Local Government Items
State and local government offices closed, flights were cancelled and students got a break from classes on Monday as a winter storm brought another round of snow and ice to West Virginia.
For more than 20 years, a group of citizens in Jenkins has been trying to save the old school building located downtown.
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Ed FitzGerald said Wednesday that his administration has overseen a renaissance in downtown Cleveland construction not seen in a generation - including a new county administration building, convention center, development along Lake Erie and a redesign of Public Square.
The view from the deck of the small, century-old cabin was a dream come true for Andy and Ceil Barrie -- a sweeping panorama of 13,000 and 14,000-foot peaks towering above the forest of centuries-old bristlecone pines.
The House committee that killed last year's version of a bill to allow wine sales in Tennessee grocery stores on Tuesday overwhelmingly voted in favor of giving cities the ability to hold referendums on the proposal.
P. Edward "Eddie" French has been named interim director of Mississippi State's John C. Stennis Institute of Government and Community Development.
After word spread about an environmental protest that was planned for Saturday in the central Chinese city of Chengdu, drugstores and printing shops were ordered to report anyone making certain purchases. Microbloggers say government fliers urged people not to demonstrate, and schools were told to stay open to keep students on campus.
The protesters converged on the conference center housing Libya's newly elected congress, trying to force their way in past startled guards.
Thousands of demonstrators who marched through this eastern Chinese city on Sunday to protest the expansion of a petrochemical factory won a pledge from the local government that the project would be halted.