- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Logan Thomas Items
The Hokies opened up spring practice Thursday and Mark Leal took an important step towards becoming the team's next starting quaterback.
Former Texas Tech quarterback Michael Brewer says he will transfer to Virginia Tech, where he can compete to replace Logan Thomas.
Cornerback Kyle Fuller is one of four Virginia Tech players who were invited to the league's annual scouting showcase, and each arrived with different goals.
Dee Ford prefers to keep things simple: Play hard and fast, and let others worry about his NFL draft stock.
Logan Thomas knows there are concerns about his ability to play quarterback, especially in the NFL. As he proceeds through a week of Senior Bowl practices leading up to Saturday's collegiate all-star game, he also knows he alone can shape the way he'll be perceived.
Trey Edmunds took a short pass 26 yards for a first-half touchdown and Eric Kristensen kicked three field goals as Virginia Tech beat Virginia for the 10th consecutive time, 16-6, on Saturday night.
The loss damaged Virginia Tech's chance of playing for the ACC championship. The Hokies started the game knowing if they beat Maryland and then Virginia next week, and if Duke lost one of its three remaining games, they would win the Coastal Division and a spot in the championship game.
Trey Edmunds had scoring runs of 10, 2, 4 and 1 yards for the Hokies (7-3, 4-2 ACC). Logan Thomas completed 25 of 31 passes for 366 yards, giving him consecutive games of 300 yards or more for the first time in his Virginia Tech career, and the Hokies dominated in all sorts of categories.
Thomas has turned the ball over four times in each of the Hokies' last two games, a home loss against Duke and a road setback at Boston College. The redshirt senior threw four interceptions against the Blue Devils and two more, along with two fumbles, last week.