- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Logan Thomas Items
While many of No. 9 Virginia Tech's players expressed little interest in Virginia's fate today at Florida State, quarterback Logan Thomas offered a contrary opinion.
North Carolina came 1 yard from turning Virginia Tech's dominance Thursday night into heartbreak.
No. 10 Virginia Tech took a significant step toward winning the ACC's Coastal Division title with a 37-26 win over No. 20 Georgia Tech on Thursday night at Bobby Dodd Stadium.
Previewing Week 9 in DC-area college football.
Three times last season, Virginia Tech trailed by at least 10 points in the first half and came back to win. The most remarkable of those three games was at North Carolina State, where the Hokies were down 17-0 early in the second quarter and won 41-30 — the largest deficit they have ever erased under coach Frank Beamer.
Virginia Tech's offense needed to answer one more time to all but seal a win over Wake Forest. The Hokies' coaches called a timeout with 10:57 left in Saturday's game and talked about a play. One of the routes was a simple go pattern for wide receiver Marcus Davis, who told quarterback Logan Thomas on the sideline he felt confident he could get open.
On Sept. 26, 1992, North Carolina State traveled to Kenan Stadium to face rival North Carolina. The Wolfpack's quarterbacks coach that day, Mike O'Cain, still hasn't forgotten the magic he witnessed. Quarterback Terry Jordan completed 23 of 25 passes for 361 yards as N.C. State won 27-20.
The sixth weekend of the college football season possessed no shortage of games.
Logan Thomas made the plays in leading Virginia Tech to a victory against Miami, something that he didn't happen a week earlier in a loss to Clemson.