- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Lon Anderson Items
An official of the Iowa Department of Administrative Services said Wednesday that some federal money may have been used to pay former state employees to keep quiet about settlement agreements, which one lawmaker suggested could potentially be a serious problem for the state.
A drop in gas prices means a boost in Memorial Day travel for D.C.-area vacationers, officials with AAA Mid-Atlantic said Tuesday.
High gas prices will mean fewer people traveling by car this Independence Day weekend, according to travel estimates released Monday, but steep charges at the pump don't mean that highways won't still be jammed.
The District has the highest percentage of "unfit" motorists, who do not have the basic knowledge to pass a written driver's test, according to a national study by GMAC Insurance.
An estimated 634,200 area residents taking vacations over this Fourth of July holiday will set a record for summer travel, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.