- New budget accord saves $23B — after $65B spending spree
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest London Fletcher Items
Linebacker London Fletcher did not attend Thursday's practice in order to undergo extensive neurological testing to diagnose the cause of his balance problem. Fletcher was subjected to about six hours of testing, coach Mike Shanahan said.
London Fletcher's streak of 231 regular-season NFL games played could be in jeopardy Sunday. The Washington Redskins middle linebacker missed Wednesday's practice with balance problems to go with a sore right hamstring suffered in last Sunday's loss to the New York Giants.
Robert Griffin III sat on a sofa, working the controls of a new video game, the always-present dog tags and fiance's high school ring dangling from his neck. His speech is flush with self-confidence. He is fully aware of what he's done and what he means to the Washington Redskins, just seven games into his career.
The New York Giants had few answers for the Washington Redskins' rushing game Sunday. Sprinkle in some variety with Robert Griffin III and add a heavy dose of Alfred Morris, and the Redskins racked up 248 yards on the ground.
Eli Manning in 2007 already earned acclaim and respect in leading the New York Giants to a Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots. In capturing another ring last season he joined an impressive list.
The Washington Redskins led the Minnesota Vikings 31-26 with 2:56 to play in the fourth quarter Sunday at FedEx Field. Facing third and 6 from the Washington 24, Robert Griffin III awaited the shotgun snap from center Will Montgomery. What followed would become the signature play in the quarterback's rookie season, and is presented here in an oral history:
Lorenzo Alexander is no lightweight within the Washington Redskins' locker room. The special teams ace is a captain and leader, though normally he's relied on in a niche role and to speak for the team as a whole.
The Minnesota Vikings, 3-13 a year ago, are no joke this season. Leading the NFC North, their improvement is staked on a lot, not the least of which is the rapid development of quarterback Christian Ponder.
On paper, Sunday's matchup between the Falcons' explosive offense and the Redskins' porous defense read like a recipe for disaster.