Skip to content

Topic - London Museum

The London Museum was inaugurated on 21 March 1912 by King George V with Queen Mary and Princess Mary and Prince George at Kensington Palace. It opened for public visitation on 8 April, admitting more than 13.000 visitors during the day. Two years later the collections were removed to Lancaster House and remained there until shortly after World War II. Later they returned to Kensington Palace. The first keeper of the museum was Sir Guy Francis Laking. From 1926 to 1944 the keeper was the famous archaeologist Mortimer Wheeler. This collection now forms part of the collection of the Museum of London based in the City of London and is on display daily. - Source: Wikipedia

Related Stories

No Stories Found