- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Lori Dengler
"This is the event I'm really concerned about," Ms. Dengler said. "This is the event [in which] we need to put our energy and preparedness. ... This event requires everyone to understand nature's warning. It requires everyone to understand that they need to take immediate action if they're in harm's way and get out of it."
"Sometime in the next 200, 300 years," she said, "and it could be this afternoon."