- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Los Angeles Galaxy
The Los Angeles Galaxy (L.A. Galaxy) is an American professional soccer club based in the Los Angeles suburb of Carson, California. The club is a member of Major League Soccer (MLS). It is one of the ten charter franchises of MLS and the league's second most-decorated club, after D.C. United. - Source: Wikipedia
LeBron James spoke out again Wednesday about his involvement with David Beckham and the retired soccer superstar's plan to bring an MLS team to Miami.
Robbie Rogers has become the first openly gay soccer player to take the field in a U.S. professional league. He was put into the Major League Soccer game — Los Angeles Galaxy versus Seattle Sounders — on Sunday night as a substitute, The Associated Press reported. His Galaxy team won, 4-0.
Tim Howard remains the No. 1 American goalkeeper despite two strong games by Brad Guzan in World Cup qualifiers last month.
Amid the unfamiliarity presented by European clubs' tours of the United States, with teams from around the globe clashing in a slew of exhibitions, Baltimore on Saturday will play host to a more familiar matchup.
Robbie Keane scored two goals and the Los Angeles Galaxy earned their first victory of the season with a 3-1 win over DC United on Sunday.
Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping wrapped up his four-day U.S. visit in Southern California style _ in a box seat at the Los Angeles Lakers' game against the Phoenix Suns on Friday night.
David Beckham lifted a trophy in what could be his final game for the Los Angeles Galaxy, an exhibition victory over Australian A-League team Melbourne Victory on penalty shots Tuesday.
Away from fans' prying eyes, David Beckham took time out from soccer to share his experiences and listen to Filipino children struggling to rebuild their broken lives.
D.C. United bolstered their beleaguered defensive corps Tuesday, acquiring veteran right back Robbie Russell from Real Salt Lake for a third-round pick in the 2013 SuperDraft.
David Beckham's income from personal sponsorship deals rose 30 percent last year, signaling the enduring strength of the Los Angeles Galaxy player's brand appeal.
The Los Angeles Galaxy played a scoreless draw with D.C. United on Friday night to extend their unbeaten streak to seven games and their shutout string to four matches and 411 minutes.
The Vancouver Whitecaps signed defender-midfielder Kevin Harmse ahead of the franchise's first road game in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Former D.C. United coach Curt Onalfo has been hired as an assistant coach of the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Ambition shouldn't be faulted, even with David Beckham.
Los Angeles Galaxy coach Bruce Arena missed his team's game against the New York Red Bulls after spending two nights in a hospital with a viral illness.