- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
Los Angeles Kings
Latest Los Angeles Kings Items
The Chicago Blackhawks have joined the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals, featuring Original Six NHL franchises for the first time since 1979.
Patrick Kane scored his third goal of the game 11:40 into the second overtime period and the Blackhawks beat the defending champion Kings 4-3 on Saturday to advance to the finals.
Boston goaltender Tuukka Rask stopped 134 of 136 shots by a team that averaged 4.27 goals a game in its first two playoff series.
Marian Hossa scored the tiebreaking goal early in the third period, and the Blackhawks moved to the brink of the Stanley Cup finals with a 3-2 victory Thursday night in Game 4 of the Western Conference finals, handing the Kings their first home loss since March 23.
Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards will miss Game 3 of the Western Conference finals with an apparent head injury.
Bryan Bickell and Michal Handzus scored on consecutive shots in the second period, and Chicago chased goalie Jonathan Quick on its way to a 4-2 victory over the Kings in Game 2 on Sunday night.
Patrick Sharp and Marian Hossa scored in the second period, and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 on Saturday in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.
For all the difficulties they endured along the way, the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings are still standing.
The final four teams in the NHL playoffs feature the last four champions for the second time in league history and for the first time since 1945, when the league consisted of just the Original Six.