- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Los Angeles Times
Latest Los Angeles Times Items
Far from its reputation as the land of endless sprawl, Southern California has some of the nation's most crowded neighborhoods, according to a newspaper's analysis of population data.
A new study at Oregon State University finds that girls between the ages of 4 and 7 are influenced by Barbie to believe a woman's place is in the home. Mrs. Potato Head, however, and changes that perception.
Seven media groups won "Grand Slam" honors in the annual Associated Press Sports Editors' writing and sections contest that was held this week.
The State Department issued a mocking message for President Vladimir Putin over justifications he's put forth about his invasion of Crimea: You're full of "Russian fiction," the statement read
A woman accused of driving the wrong way on a Southern California freeway, causing a head-on crash that killed her sister and five others, has been released from a hospital and transferred to jail.
No one can ever really have the final word at the Conservative Political Action Conference. The three-day event is too massive and too intense to be defined by a single statement, except maybe "a good time was had by all."
Los Angeles has put the brakes on an unsanctioned bicycle race that draws thousands to the route of the Los Angeles Marathon.
After Los Angeles passed tough new rules on the use of electronic cigarettes, Long Beach has approved even stricter regulations that apply to using the devices in shops where they are sold.
If the ads didn't already make it obvious, a new disclaimer to be included in marketing materials for Paramount's upcoming biblical epic seeks to clarify that it is not a literal adaptation of the Old Testament story.