- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest lou carnesecca Items
Smith-Rivera went 9 for 12 from the field and 6 for 7 from 3-point range, doing his best to evoke the memories of the standout performances from years past from the founding members of the both the old and new Big East.
Jim Calhoun witnessed basketball practices all over the country in nearly half a century of coaching _ including Bob Knight's sessions _ and said he never saw the likes of the video that emerged this week of Rutgers' Mike Rice.
John Thompson, the first of the Georgetown coaches with that name, was sitting on a raised area just feet from where John Thompson III was accepting the trophy for Big East Coach of the Year.
In a few years, the Big East as we know it will be the stuff of legend, with tales told about John Thompson and Lou Carnesecca patrolling the sidelines of a once-proud basketball conference lost amid the shifting tectonic plates of college athletics.
Whether it happens within days or months, this year or next, the Big East's days as a viable college sports power appear to be near their end according to several reports Thursday.
Morgan Wootten has received many awards in recognition of his long and successful coaching career at DeMatha High School.
Dave Gavitt had an impact on the world of basketball. From a career as a successful coach to changing the face of college sports to introducing the Olympics to a Dream Team, Gavitt's touch was everywhere.
Chris Mullin's journey from New York star to Hall of Famer is complete.
Sherman White, a 1950s college basketball star at Long Island University who served jail time for point shaving, has died. He was 82.