- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Loudoun County Items
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority members had a message Wednesday for officials from Virginia, Fairfax and Loudoun counties and the federal government regarding the second phase of the Dulles Metrorail project: The ball's in your court.
The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is facing mounting pressure to revisit its decision in favor of an underground Metro station at Washington Dulles International Airport, after U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood issued cost-cutting recommendations that include building a cheaper above-ground alternative.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood on Wednesday directed airport officials and elected leaders to spend a month trying to reach a compromise in an ongoing dispute over a planned Metrorail station at Washington Dulles International Airport.
The hot, dry weather has Loudoun County officials preparing a formal request to Virginia Gov. Timothy M. Kaine for emergency drought aid for local farmers.