- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
President wants everyone but himself to pay more
Topic - Louis P. Sheldon
Gay-rights supporters outside the court building broke into cheers when news came of the decision to strike down part of DOMA, which denied federal privileges to gay couples, and Proposition 8, California's ban on gay marriage.
Louis P. Sheldon, founder and chairman of the Anaheim, Calif.-based Traditional Values Coalition, said the overturning of Proposition 8, along with legislation such as California's Youth Equality Act (SB 323), is an example of the "deconstruction of the heterosexual ethic."
"We've had many, many unfortunate kinds of experiences. It can get very mean and rough," he said. "They protest in front of my house, they spray-paint my garage. One time, they attacked me on an airplane. We're not scared of them, but they're irrational. So we didn't bother with signs."