- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
- Delta cancels all Israel flights over missile fear; US Airways also stops flight to Tel Aviv
- Philadelphia mosque leaders try to sever hand of accused thief
- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Louisiana State Police
The Louisiana State Police is the state police department of Louisiana, which has jurisdiction anywhere in the state. It was created to protect the lives, property and constitutional rights of people in Louisiana. It falls under the authority of the Louisiana Department of Public Safety & Corrections. It is officially known in that organization as the Office of State Police. The badge worn by its troopers is very distinctive in that it is shaped like the state of Louisiana. The Louisiana State Police is a premier law enforcement agency in Louisiana and was accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) from 2003 to 2008. The agency voluntarily ceased its association with CALEA in 2008. - Source: Wikipedia
The Louisiana State Police lost out on millions of dollars it should have collected on background check fees for health care providers and ambulance staff, which it didn't properly collect for 20 years, according to an audit released Monday.
Louisiana State Police have arrested a Monroe man accused of extorting a state representative after he reportedly threatened the lawmaker over support of marijuana law reform.
Louisiana state police say an investigation involving local authorities and the FBI resulted in 30 arrests in connection with sex trafficking during the NBA All-Star weekend in New Orleans.
A 51-year-old Lake Providence police officer is free on bond following his arrest for allegedly taking money in lieu of issuing a speeding ticket to an Arkansas motorist.
A 19-year-old from Converse has died in a single-vehicle accident Saturday in Sabine Parish.
An elderly Breaux Bridge woman has died in a two vehicle crash on La. 31, north of Breaux Bridge.
As Louisiana began to warm up, agencies were starting to tally costs and schools began thinking about make-up days.
Louisiana State Police investigators have found no evidence that the Saints or general manager Mickey Loomis rigged Superdome wiring so opposing coaches' radio communications could be intercepted.