- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Louisiana State University
LSU has picked an administrator from the university's Health Sciences Center in New Orleans to serve as the new vice provost for diversity.
Starting this fall, Louisiana State University's main campus will ban all tobacco products.
Former Louisiana State University linebacker Tahj Jones was injured after being shot by another former LSU football player, police said Saturday.
State Treasurer John Kennedy says 3,900 former Louisiana State University students can get refunds online for money lost to employee fraud at a McDonald's on campus.
The University of Mississippi will begin a four-year, $50 million renovation and expansion of its Student Union this summer.
Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal had made a friendly bet on the 2014 Outback Bowl in Florida last week, and now the Iowa Republican owes his state some ham.
The Supreme Court on Monday sent a major affirmative action case back to the lower courts to be reheard, ducking the chance to rewrite discrimination laws and instead affirming the current state of law for racial preferences, saying they can be used for admissions but only if there is a compelling need and no other remedy works.
Rather than boast about Florida's lofty national defensive rankings, safety Josh Evans questions whether they are an accurate reflection of how good his unit really is.
People familiar with the situation say Les Miles and LSU have agreed to a new contract.
You would think that, with Louisiana State University's 7-1 overall record and 3-1 Southeastern Conference record, fans of the No. 6-ranked college football team would focus all their attention on the upcoming game against No. 1-ranked Alabama.
LSU coach Les Miles rode out Hurricane Isaac on Wednesday at the Tigers' football operations building, where he and members of his staff continued planning for Saturday night's scheduled home opener against North Texas.
Stony Brook University, which began playing a Division I schedule only in 2000, is headed to the College World Series after pulling off a stunning upset of perennial baseball powerhouse LSU before 10,000 Tigers supporters in Baton Rouge, La.
Their motto is "shock the world." So far, so good for the Stony Brook Seawolves.
LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson and teammate Joshua Johns were released on $5,000 bond each Friday in connection with a bar fight that injured four people.
Jeanne Leiby, editor of Louisiana State University's literary quarterly, The Southern Review, was killed in a traffic accident near Baton Rouge.