- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
By Ken Allard
Only the National Guard can re-establish homeland security
Topic - Louisiana Supreme Court
The Supreme Court of Louisiana is the highest court and court of last resort in the U.S. state of Louisiana. The modern Supreme Court, composed of seven justices, meets in the French Quarter of New Orleans. - Source: Wikipedia
The Louisiana Supreme Court removed Orleans Parish Juvenile Court Judge Yolanda King from the bench Thursday while she faces indictment for allegedly lying about where she lived in sworn qualifying papers last year.
The Louisiana Supreme Court has reinstated the second-degree murder conviction and life sentence of a man found guilty of ordering a hit in 2008.
The Louisiana Supreme Court has upheld an appeals court ruling on the taxation of underground salt dome caverns that could mean some cavern owners will pay hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars more in property taxes annually to local government coffers.
The Louisiana Supreme Court has upheld a lower court ruling that property taxes funding the Comite River Diversion Canal project be sent to the district that oversees the project instead of being held in escrow. The high court made its decision even as a lawsuit challenging the tax collection is still playing out in court.
Sandra Vujnovich has been appointed judicial administrator by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
The Louisiana Supreme Court has ruled state health agencies have authority to fine a New Orleans outpatient abortion clinic for being out of compliance with state rules and regulations.
The Louisiana Supreme Court on Friday reinstated a former judge's law license.
A divided Louisiana Supreme Court has overturned a $330 million judgment against two pharmaceutical companies that state Attorney General James "Buddy" Caldwell accused of improperly marketing a drug.
More than two years ago, lawmakers asked the Louisiana Supreme Court to determine if the state has too many district and city court judges.
In a setback for Gov. Bobby Jindal's drive to overhaul the state's education system, the Louisiana Supreme Court on Tuesday said the state can't fund its landmark voucher initiative with money meant for public schools.