- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Ukraine PM vows to find ‘bastards’ behind anti-Semitic fliers
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation in South Korea
- Militants kill 14 Algerian soldiers in ambush
- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
Latest Louvre Items
The Louvre was forced to close its doors Wednesday after workers walked off the job, complaining that the world's most-visited museum is plagued with gangs of pickpockets.
The mystery behind the most enigmatic smile in art _ Leonardo da Vinci's "Mona Lisa" _ just got a little more complicated.
He's come out of the shadows and into the world spotlight. But Massimiliano Giornetti, Salvatore Ferragamo's creative director since 2010, says that he's still a "down to earth" guy _ despite having tea with Meryl Streep and hanging out with Angelina Jolie.
The gender gap in art and literature is not in the title of two exhibitions currently in Washington, but it serves as a subtext in both of them. At the Folger Shakespeare Library, the fascinating "Shakespeare's Sisters: Voices of English and European Women Writers, 1500-1700" raises the question, Why aren't some of them better known?
The Louvre Museum is used to dealing with antiquities: Nearly all of its thousands of works of art date to 1848 or earlier. Now, it wants to create a relic of its own - the old museum audio guide.
The Louvre Museum is used to dealing with antiquities: Nearly all of its thousands of works of art date to 1848 or earlier. Now, it wants to create a relic of its own _ the old museum audio guide.
An intense and controversial restoration of the last great work by Leonardo da Vinci goes before the public Thursday at the Louvre Museum, revealing "The Virgin and Child with Saint Anne" in the full panoply of hues and detail painted by the Renaissance master 500 years ago.
The developer of a branch of the Louvre in Abu Dhabi has launched its search for a contractor to build the museum following a series of delays.
The developer of a branch of the Louvre in Abu Dhabi has begun a search for a contractor to build the museum following a series of delays.