- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Lucas Glover
Two weeks after enjoying the perks of a U.S. Open champion, from dining with the prime minister to watching the Wimbledon men's final from the Royal Box, Justin Rose led a parade of stars exiting the British Open.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
Billy Horschel, who tied for fourth in the real U.S. Open two weeks ago at Merion, began his day with a 50-foot birdie putt, added a pair of birdies over the next three holes and then hung on for a 68. That was the best score among the early starters.
The marquee group of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott is set to go off Thursday at 1:14 p.m. and Friday at 7:44 a.m.
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott, the top three players in the world rankings, will play together in the first two rounds of the U.S. Open at Merion.
The 150 players who have qualified for the 113th U.S. Open, to be played June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club. Players listed only in the first category for which they are eligible. (a-amateur). Six spots remain open for players exempt through the June 10 world ranking. Alternates will fill the other spots.
For all the talk about the greens, Rory McIlroy's most important club was his driver Thursday in the Wells Fargo Championship.
Lucas Glover increased his lead to two strokes in the Zurich Classic to remain in position for his first victory in two years.
Lucas Glover made an 18-foot birdie putt on his final hole Friday to take a one-stroke lead over Boo Weekley after the second round of the Zurich Classic.
Ricky Barnes birdied six of the last eight holes Thursday at rain-softened TPC Louisiana to take a one-stroke lead in the Zurich Classic.
Tiger Woods still has a chance to win the Masters.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
The 93 players who have qualified and are expected to compete in the 77th Masters, to be played April 11-14 at Augusta National Golf Club. Players listed in only first category for which they are eligible. One spot still open for the winner of the Texas Open if not eligible.
Tim Clark would have been easy to miss among dozens of PGA Tour players who poured out of a hotel ballroom after a two-hour meeting on the proposed ban of the stroke used for long putters _ except he was the only guy with a suitcase.
Two-time champion Phil Mickelson and Masters winner Bubba Watson have committed to play in the Phoenix Open.
"That was a very big putt for me," he said, laughing.