- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest lucille ball Items
In the beginning, there was Lucille Ball. She defined TV comedy six decades ago. Then came another towering figure, who arrived in 1974 with "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and now, dozens of sitcoms later, keeps making history. But even after all this time, James Burrows isn't a household name.
Marvin Hamlisch, who composed the scores for dozens of movies including "The Sting" and won a Tony for "A Chorus Line," has died in Los Angeles at 68.
Marvin Hamlisch was blessed with perfect pitch and an infallible ear. "I heard sounds that other children didn't hear," he wrote in his autobiography.
Got a goofy older brother? Parents you still live with even though you're grown up? An unconventional friendship?
Reactions to the 64th annual Primetime Emmy Awards nominations announced Thursday in Los Angeles:
The director and producer behind the television classics "I Love Lucy" and "Bewitched" has died. Bill Asher was 90.
Actress Doris Singleton, who played one of Lucy and Ricky Ricardo's lesser-known neighbors on "I Love Lucy," has died. She was 92.
Celebrity biographer Charles Higham, who wrote about the lives of Lucille Ball, Errol Flynn, Katharine Hepburn, Howard Hughes and others, has died in Los Angeles at age 81.
Patricia Modell, the wife of former NFL team owner Art Modell and a longtime television actress, has died. She was 80.