- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
Luis Antonio Tagle
Latest Luis Antonio Tagle Items
Several names have come up repeatedly as strong contenders to be the next pope.
A pastor in Ontario wondered about behind-the-scenes politicking ahead of the conclave to elect the next pope. He could have read news reports or listened to briefings by the Vatican spokesman. Instead, he asked a cardinal. Less than an hour later via Twitter, the response arrived.
Pope Benedict XVI broke centuries of precedent Monday by resigning the papacy because of issues of old age, surprising the globe's 1.1 billion Roman Catholics and prompting speculation that the next pope will be the first non-European to lead the church in modern times.
Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday told his six new cardinals to resist the allure of power and instead be like Jesus and focus their work on spreading the Christian faith.
The archbishop of Manila told a Vatican-backed conference on fighting sex abuse by priests that a culture of silence prevalent in Asia has kept many victims from coming forward, as concerns rise that the continent may be the next ground zero in the abuse scandal.