- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
Latest Luis Leon Items
On Easter Sunday of all days and in God's House, the Rev. Luis Leon race- baited and pandered to President Obama ("Communing with hatemongers from the pulpit," Commentary, Wednesday). Mr. Leon charged that "captains of the religious right" want to oppress black Americans. Really? Well, Mr. Leon, just who are these people? I challenge you to name them.
President Obama sure is serpent-bit when it comes to going to church. First, it was his longtime Chicago preacher who dragged the young presidential aspirant into hot water with all his fiery old sermons about the U.S. of KKK and chickens coming home to roost. Now, his most regular preacher, we find out, hangs out with white supremacists.
The pastor who delivered an Easter service sermon to President Obama on Sunday waded into political territory, issuing a rebuke for the religious right who pined for the days of old.
President Obama and his family attended a worship service Sunday morning at an Episcopal church just across the Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House where presidents frequently have visited.