- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Luis Leon Items
On Easter Sunday of all days and in God's House, the Rev. Luis Leon race- baited and pandered to President Obama ("Communing with hatemongers from the pulpit," Commentary, Wednesday). Mr. Leon charged that "captains of the religious right" want to oppress black Americans. Really? Well, Mr. Leon, just who are these people? I challenge you to name them.
President Obama sure is serpent-bit when it comes to going to church. First, it was his longtime Chicago preacher who dragged the young presidential aspirant into hot water with all his fiery old sermons about the U.S. of KKK and chickens coming home to roost. Now, his most regular preacher, we find out, hangs out with white supremacists.
The pastor who delivered an Easter service sermon to President Obama on Sunday waded into political territory, issuing a rebuke for the religious right who pined for the days of old.
President Obama and his family attended a worship service Sunday morning at an Episcopal church just across the Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House where presidents frequently have visited.