- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Luke Scott
Houston rookie outfielder Brandon Barnes has hit for the cycle against the Seattle Mariners.
Previewing the 2012 Baltimore Orioles
Previewing the American League.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
Former All-Star pitchers Joe Saunders and Hong-Chih Kuo, and Baltimore outfielder Luke Scott became free agents Tuesday after their teams declined to offer 2012 contracts.
Venezuelan police confirmed Wilson Ramos still was alive Thursday, one day after the Washington Nationals catcher was kidnapped from his home in Valencia, Venezuela.
It had all been going so well for Jordan Zimmermann on Sunday afternoon.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
First baseman Derrek Lee finalized a $7.25 million, one-year contract Thursday with the Baltimore Orioles, who hope he can provide punch to a lineup that ranked 21st in home runs last season.
First baseman Derrek Lee has signed a one-year contract with the Baltimore Orioles, who hope he can provide punch to a lineup that ranked 21st in home runs last season.
A spokesman for the Baltimore Orioles says outfielder Luke Scott's interview with Yahoo! Sports does not reflect the opinion of the organization.
The Baltimore Orioles distanced themselves Wednesday from Luke Scott's interview with Yahoo! Sports, with a team spokesman saying the outfielder's comments do not reflect the opinion of the organization.
Kevin Millwood allowed two hits over seven innings, Felix Pie hit a two-run triple and the Baltimore Orioles beat the Tampa Bay Rays 2-0 before a capacity crowd of 36,973 on Wednesday night.
Brian Matusz pitched seven impressive innings and Nick Markakis drove in two runs with a triple and a single, leading the Baltimore Orioles to a 4-0 victory over the AL East-leading Tampa Bay Rays on Monday night.
Baltimore pitcher Alfredo Simon has been suspended three games and Orioles manager Buck Showalter has been penalized one game after a run-in this weekend against Toronto.
"Most of the time, they're professional hits," Scott told The Washington Times. "To my knowledge, what I've seen and heard, people are planning this out. They're putting some thought and preparation into this, and they're looking for their moment."
"The Winter League in Venezuela is a great experience," Scott said.