- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Luke Torian
Reps. Elijah Cummings, Maryland Democrat, and Gerry Connolly, Virginia Democrat, held a congressional forum Monday on voting problems.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell commemorated Union and Confederate soldiers while condemning slavery as an "evil and inhumane" institution in an address Thursday marking 150 years since the first major land battle of the Civil War.
Delegate Luke Torian, a black Democrat who represents Prince William County, said the problems seemed to be exacerbated in minority precincts.
"It looked like voter suppression to me," Mr. Torian said of what he saw at Potomac Middle School.