- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
Latest Lyndon Johnson Items
It was during the March for Life in 2003 in Washington, D.C., that the two of us first marched together, based on our shared belief that the pro-life movement is the civil rights movement of the 21st century.
"As governors, as state leaders, we're more optimistic than our friends in Washington."
Poisonous feuds have long been a hallmark of Washington politics.
I was a high school student in 1968 eagerly waiting for my 17th birthday in 1969 so I could enlist in the U.S. Navy when the USS Pueblo was captured by the North Koreans.
Illinois' overall poverty rate is the same as it was a half-century ago despite scores of state and federal aid programs and a steep drop in the number of older people struggling to get by, according to a new report that examines how the state has fared since President Lyndon Johnson declared a national War on Poverty.
Fifty years ago this month, President Lyndon Johnson launched a "War on Poverty." Fifteen trillion dollars later, more Americans are in poverty than at any point in our nation's history.
As a girl growing up on the Navajo Nation in the 1950s and '60s, LeNora Fulton remembers her parents making a major event out of voting.
Recent editorials from Kentucky newspapers:
Rosanna Troyer is coping with the drop in her federal food assistance from $367 to $303 by cutting back on meat purchases and buying more canned goods and macaroni and cheese.