- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Lyndon Johnson'S Great Society
Latest Lyndon Johnson'S Great Society Items
What's the real message behind Barack Obama's call in his State of the Union speech for taxpayer-funded "universal" preschool and his trip to a Georgia preschool last Thursday for photo ops?
With the "fiscal cliff" looming, Washington is looking under every rock for new forms of "revenue."
If you live and work in Washington, D.C., you might be excused for believing that the American way of life could come to an end if Washington goes over the "fiscal cliff."
The United States was founded and has flourished based on the declaration that the Creator, not government, grants all people the unalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Government was created by man to secure these rights.
America is on a "road to ruin" because of misguided policies in Washington and needs to get back in step with the values of Ronald Reagan, Sarah Palin said at an event honoring the former president's legacy.
While the insider culture of Washington has always had about it a strong whiff of conniving, self-serving raffishness, there always has been a handful of political figures who have striven to do the right thing by the people who sent them into the arena.