- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Lyric Cook
Authorities have ruled out a potential suspect in the case of two young cousins whose bodies were found months after their disappearance in northeast Iowa.
Five months after two young cousins vanished while riding their bikes, residents of the northeast Iowa community where they were last seen are anxiously waiting to hear whether two bodies found by hunters are those of the missing girls.
Lyric Cook asked for privacy after being told that the bodies were discovered Wednesday in a wooded area, Black Hawk County sheriff's Capt. Rick Abben said.