- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Machine Shed Restaurant
Latest Machine Shed Restaurant Items
With a sharp eye for detail, crisp and often evocative prose, an understanding of politics and politicians, and the experience gained over decades as a thoughtful old-school journalist, The Washington Post's Dan Balz recreates the rhythms of the grueling presidential year of 2012.
It's politics heartland style, and there's bacon involved: Republican president hopefuls Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum may battle mano a mano for the attention of Illinois voters before the state primary Tuesday. But the pair is not battling calorie a calorie.
After trading barbs with Rick Santorum on the airwaves Sunday, Mitt Romney got in the last word with a big victory in Puerto Rico's Republican presidential primary, taking all 20 of the territory's GOP delegates.