- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
Madison Square Garden
Latest Madison Square Garden Items
The Terps have won six of nine, including their second win of the season over Duke, in the ACC tournament. Then they reeled off wins over Niagara, Denver and at Alabama to reach the NIT's final four.
Before the Orange bolt for the ACC and a more modest version of the Big East is reborn next year without them, fourth-seeded Syracuse will play one more conference game. Come Saturday, it will face third-seeded Marquette in the East Region final at Verizon Center — a Big East floor, naturally.
Alex Len finished with 15 points and 13 rebounds and had a key block in the final seconds to help Maryland escape with a 58-57 victory over Alabama on Tuesday night in the NIT quarterfinals.
Roy Devyn Marble scored 24 points and Iowa ended Virginia's 19-game home winning streak with a 75-64 victory in the NIT quarterfinals Wednesday night, earning the Hawkeyes a trip to Madison Square Garden.
Washington went into New York on Sunday with the chance to go home with six points. In beating the Rangers in a shootout, the Caps finished off a strong week and moved within two points of the eight spot in the Eastern Conference.
The breakaway basketball schools kept the Big East name and the conference tournament in Madison Square Garden. In return, they left behind tens of millions of dollars to the football members.
So much for Baylor's strength of schedule.