- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Mahatma Gandhi Items
"Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle With India" (Alfred A. Knopf), by Joseph Lelyveld: In this revealing, original portrait of the man known as the "Father of India," Joseph Lelyveld charts the development of Gandhi's social vision, tying his early experiences as a lawyer in South Africa to the movement he went on to lead at home.
The year 2010 has been rough on the reputation of Sir Winston Churchill, the wartime leader of Great Britain. In the spring, "Winston's War," a book by the respected military writer Max Hastings tore so many holes in Churchill's reputation as a strategist that one reviewer wondered that had he died in 1942, "Germany might have been defeated sooner."