- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest Mahatma Gandhi Items
"Dear Friend Hitler," a new Bollywood film based on an actual exchange of letters between Adolf Hitler and Mahatma Gandhi, seemed to have all the makings of a cultural provocation. Instead, it's turning out to be a punch line.
Jack Kevorkian built his suicide machine with parts gathered from flea markets and stashed it in a rusty Volkswagen van.
Jack Kevorkian, the audacious doctor who spurred on the national right-to-die debate with a homemade suicide machine that helped end the lives of dozens of ailing people, died Friday at a Detroit-area hospital after a brief illness. He was 83.
Gray's Wal-Mart ultimatum, Uncollected tax dollars?, DOJ to ask lawmakers about redistricting, D.C. budget vote, More bed bugs at hospital
An educational organization has canceled an event planned for a Mahatma Gandhi biography that was banned in part of India after reviews hinted the father of the nation's independence had a homosexual relationship.
A state in western Indian state has banned Pulitzer-Prize winning author Joseph Lelyveld's new book about Mahatma Gandhi
A state in western India banned Pulitzer Prize-winning author Joseph Lelyveld's new book about Mahatma Gandhi on Wednesday after reviews saying it hints that the father of India's independence had a homosexual relationship.
A state in western India banned Pulitzer-Prize winner Joseph Lelyveld's new book about Mahatma Gandhi on Wednesday after reviews saying it hints that the father of India's independence had a homosexual relationship. The author says his work is being misinterpreted.
"Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and His Struggle With India" (Alfred A. Knopf), by Joseph Lelyveld: In this revealing, original portrait of the man known as the "Father of India," Joseph Lelyveld charts the development of Gandhi's social vision, tying his early experiences as a lawyer in South Africa to the movement he went on to lead at home.