- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
Latest Mahmoud Abbas Items
Israel's hard-line foreign minister said Tuesday that there was "no chance" a Palestinian state would be established by 2012 — a message that threatened to cloud the latest visit by President Barack Obama's Mideast envoy.
Saudi security forces rescued two German girls held hostage for nearly a year in the rugged north Yemen mountains, but the fate of their parents and an infant brother was unknown, officials said Tuesday.
To celebrate July Fourth, Americans shoot off fireworks — a colorful reminder of the struggle for independence.
BETHLEHEM, West Bank - As a truck bomb exploded at a Gaza border crossing, Palestinians yesterday held a conference in a gleaming convention center to encourage investment in spite of the political and security risks.
The perils of corporate funding
ASHKELON, Israel — Fighting between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza spurred rioting in the West Bank yesterday, as leaders on both sides threatened to escalate hostilities amid continued exchanges of rocket fire between Israel and the Gaza Strip.
JERICHO, West Bank — Frustrated Palestinian Authority officials say they want to restore authority over the ruptured border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt but cannot because Hamas security forces control the area.
JERUSALEM — President Bush arrived in Israel yesterday to an enthusiastic welcome and said he was optimistic that a peace agreement could be reached this year.
RAMALLAH, West Bank — A group of West Bank businessmen is trying to establish a political party to tap into Palestinian disillusionment with Hamas and Fatah by challenging both.