- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Mahmoud Abbas Items
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Palestinian Prime Minister Salam Fayyad warned yesterday that a regional summit backed by President Bush could backfire if it fails to advance prospects of an Israeli-Palestinian peace treaty, with consequences throughout the region.
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) Hamas forces arrested the top Palestinian law enforcement figure today after the ally of the rival Fatah movement returned to the Gaza Strip to try to reassert his authority.
Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, and Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian president, have met for the first time at Jericho, which would be on Palestinian soil if a two-state solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict ever emerges.
Misguided foreign policy
JERUSALEM — Inmates in Gaza's main prison now can shave a year off their sentences if they grow a beard and memorize five chapters from the Koran.
RAMALLAH, West Bank — Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice yesterday pushed Israel and the Palestinians to discuss all issues leading to a Palestinian state, as she sought backing for a international peace conference later this year.
A history of terror
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice assured Palestinian leaders today that a U.S.-sponsored Mideast peace conference this fall is aimed at getting them closer to establishing an independent state and that Israel is ready to discuss ways to achieve that.