- Signs of life beyond Earth could be found within 10 years
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- Rob Ford gets D.C. sports radio gig: Toronto’s crack-smoking mayor will make NFL picks
- Israel mulls gift of West Bank land to Palestinians
- Stocks gain as investors weigh economic news
- Doctors say ‘profound’ new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- NYPD head Ray Kelly wins big retirement perk — a $1.5M tax-paid team of bodyguards
- Pentagon weighing ‘second start’ for overexposed youth in social media
- Libraries to feds: Stop spying on us
Major League Soccer
Latest Major League Soccer Items
As D.C. United on Tuesday took a long-awaited step into a new era of ownership, investor Jason Levien saved a moment during the announcement to observe his extended family.
Politics and sports don't mix — at least not for one Mitt Romney supporter, thwarted in his attempt to pay a New York minor-league soccer team to wear uniforms with an advertisement supporting the presumptive Republican presidential nominee.
Once revered as perhaps the toughest place to play in Major League Soccer, RFK Stadium in recent years has been all too welcoming to visiting teams. Last season, D.C. United's tendency to let points slip away at home was the fatal flaw that kept it out of the playoffs for the fourth straight year.
Jozy Altidore had the best scoring season by an American that wasn't seen back home in the United States.
Former U.S. national team goalkeeper Tony Meola, captain Claudio Reyna and defender Desmond Armstrong were inducted into the U.S. National Soccer Hall of Fame on Wednesday, along with former women's national team coach Tony DiCicco.
The Metrodome always felt like a rental property for Zygi and Mark Wilf, two New Jersey real estate developers who purchased the Minnesota Vikings in 2005 with the hopes of moving out of the place as quickly as possible.
Alessandro Nesta says he will leave AC Milan at the end of the season and consider a move to Major League Soccer.
Peter Vermes never thought another Major League Soccer team would put together the kind of start that the Los Angeles Galaxy accomplished during the league's inaugural season.
Major League Soccer would implement goal-line technology quickly if it's approved in July by the sport's rules-making body.