- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Malta
Malta ), is a southern European country and consists of an archipelago situated centrally in the Mediterranean, 93 km south of Sicily and 288 km east of Tunisia, with the Strait of Gibraltar 1,826 km to the west and Alexandria 1,510 km to the east. - Source: Wikipedia
Migrants who were rescued after their smugglers' boat capsized in the Mediterranean say they were shot at as they left a Libyan port, making plain that perilous seas are not the only dangers refugees face when they flee their homes for Europe.
Israel is tired of Hollywood filming Jesus' crucifixion in Italy and the Crusader invasion of the Holy Land in Morocco.
Israel is tired of Hollywood filming Jesus' Crucifixion in Italy and the Crusader invasion of the Holy Land in Morocco.
Student groups in devoutly Catholic Malta are praising U.S. Ambassador Douglas Kmiec, who announced his resignation after State Department bureaucrats criticized him for spending too much time discussing religion.
The U.S. ambassador to Malta denounced State Department bureaucrats who accused him of spending too much time on religious issues, as he submitted his resignation to President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.
The U.S. ambassador to Malta, an important Roman Catholic supporter of President Obama's, said Sunday he would resign after a State Department report criticized him for spending too much time writing and speaking about his religious beliefs.
British military planes entered Libyan air space in a daring rescue of more than 150 civilians from desert locations, officials said Saturday.
In 1942, in the dark early years of World War II, the tiny Mediterranean island of Malta was battered by German bombers and living in dread of a Nazi invasion. The last thing it needed was a serial killer on the prowl.
LUXEMBOURG (Agence France-Presse) — The European Union expressed determination yesterday to save the lives of African migrants desperate to reach its shores but struggled to find ways to help front-line state Malta handle the problem.