- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - mamata banerjee
Manmohan Singh's coalition has splintered and his government is fighting for survival. But the Indian prime minister, who has been criticized for presiding meekly over a corrupt government, is suddenly being hailed as a bold, powerful leader.
Medical staffers abandoned their patients and fled for their lives as a fire swept through a private hospital in Kolkata early Friday, killing at least 89 people, most of them patients at the five-star medical facility, witnesses and local authorities said.
A speeding express train plowed into a stationary passenger train in eastern India on Monday, killing 61 people in a crash so powerful it sent the roof of one car flying onto an overpass. Officials said they could not rule out sabotage.
Sixty-one people were killed Monday when a speeding train crashed into another waiting on a platform in a West Bengal station, barely two months after a derailment that claimed at least 145 lives was blamed on Maoist rebels.
A speeding passenger train crashed into another waiting on a platform in a West Bengal station early Monday, killing 61 people and injuring at least 125 others in one of the world's largest - and most accident-prone - railway systems.