- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - Manfred James
A nasty politician with the name of Oedipus Stark and a dog called Freddie de la Haye who likes to wear a seat belt in a car and prefers to dine on Belgian shoes - you don't need any more to tell you that you have once again entered the whimsical world of Alexander McCall Smith.
He explains to the startled William that the raising of Freddie had two dimensions, one behavioral and the other dietary.
James says a little sadly that if he goes on being nothing but friends with women," They will want me as a friend that's all.