- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
Latest Manny Machado Items
Doug Fister allowed two runs over seven innings and the Washington Nationals hit three solo homers in a 6-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday night.
Machado originally was suspended June 10 for intentionally throwing his bat on the field during an at-bat in Baltimore's game against Oakland on June 8. Machado appealed the suspension. The appeal was heard Wednesday, and the five-game suspension was upheld.
Machado let his bat fly in the direction of third base after swinging at a pitch from Oakland's Fernando Abad in the eighth inning. The bat-toss came during a plate appearance in which Abad threw a tight pitch to Machado.
Manny Machado is trying not to make too much of his big game on Sunday that led the Baltimore Orioles over Houston.
Scott Feldman couldn't keep the ball down on Sunday against Baltimore and Houston's ace paid for it.
Manny Machado watched the previous two games from the bench, and he didn't much like the view.
Soon after Trevor Bauer walked to the mound for his third start of the season, it quickly became apparent the right-hander was going to have difficulty taming his fastball.
The Baltimore Orioles thought they were done worrying about Manny Machado after he finally returned from offseason knee surgery on May 1.
Houston right-hander Scott Feldman was effective in his first start since going on the disabled list.