- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Manuel Beltran Higuera
Latest Manuel Beltran Higuera Items
In a story Feb. 5 about the conviction of a Mexican national in the killing of a Coast Guard crewman The Associated Press reported erroneously the history of Coast Guard fatalities. Terrell Horne III was the first Coast Guardsman to be killed while engaged in law enforcement operations since 1927, not the first to be killed in the line of duty since that year.
A Coast Guardsman fired several gunshots from an inflatable boat before it was slammed by another vessel in a crash that caused the first law enforcement fatality since the smuggling of drugs and immigrants by boat began spiking along the California coast several years ago.