- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Marc Littman
A minivan collided with a light rail commuter train in Los Angeles, leaving 13 people injured, two seriously.
For 10 agonizing minutes, an 18-year-old mentally disabled woman was raped in the back of a near-empty Los Angeles County bus as it rolled past a state park and a cemetery, and no one did anything about it.
Millions of Americans preparing to survive an earthquake ducked under tables and covered their heads Thursday as part of the annual "Great ShakeOut" drill.
Metro spokesman Marc Littman says the Toyota Siena apparently ran the red light shortly before 10 a.m Tuesday south of downtown Los Angeles and hit a northbound Blue Line train at an intersection.
Littman says the 22-mile Blue Line between Los Angeles and Long Beach is no stranger to car accidents.