- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Marc Schindler
D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty selected a new interim chief to the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, D.C. Deputy Attorney General Robert Hildum. Mr. Hildum replaces Marc Shindler, who has been serving as the interim chief.
"Taxpayers' wallets - and more important, people's lives - are in jeopardy," the institute's executive director, Marc Schindler, said in a written statement accompanying the report.
"There would be a television in a cage that would be blaring, 20 jaws broken per month and staff with little training," he said. "It was an environment that can best be described as loud, chaotic and toxic."