- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Marco Bellocchio Items
Brian De Palma and Terrence Malick are among 18 filmmakers competing for the coveted Golden Lion during the 69th edition of the Venice Film Festival, which runs from Aug. 29-Sept. 8 and opens Thursday. In keeping with recent tradition, a secret film, the 18th entry, will be announced at a later date.
American directors dominated the competition lineup announced Thursday for this year's slimmed-down Venice Film Festival aimed at making the world's oldest movie festival easier to take in.
The Venice Film Festival says it will honor Italian filmmaker Marco Bellocchio with a Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement at the next edition of the festival running Aug. 31-Sept. 10.