- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Marco Reus
Robert Lewandowski scored twice as Borussia Dortmund took a big step toward the Champions League quarterfinals with a 4-2 victory at Zenit St. Petersburg on Tuesday.
Borussia Dortmund midfielders Marco Reus and Sven Bender both picked up thigh injuries in Saturday's 5-1 rout of Werder Bremen.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored twice to give Borussia Dortmund a hard-fought 2-1 win at relegation-threatened Eintracht Braunschweig in the Bundesliga on Friday.
Borussia Dortmund's impressive display over the weekend earned it first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll on Tuesday.
Robben's 89th-minute goal lifted Munich to the title after losing out in the final two of the previous three years.
After dominating the first legs of their Champions League semifinals, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund lead the latest Associated Press global soccer poll.
Marco Reus and Felipe Santana scored in second-half stoppage time during an incredible comeback, and Borussia Dortmund advanced to the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 15 years.
Barcelona's Lionel Messi again tops the Associated Press soccer rankings this week, but Borussia Dortmund striker Marco Reus came close to toppling the Argentina striker.
In the second quarterfinal at Euro 2012, Germany plays Greece on Friday. Here's the best of the action and match-day excitement. All times are local to Poland.
Germany scored three second-half goals to reach the European Championship semifinals for a record seventh time Friday after a 4-2 win over Greece.
"One-one was unnecessary but we kept looking for chances," Reus said. "We kept attacking and the goals finally came."