- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Latest Marco Scutaro Items
Davey Johnson didn't have an answer. He couldn't find an explanation for why his team, the best in the National League East had failed to make another below-average pitcher look like one. Couldn't reason how, against a team that was struggling to get their starters even to the fifth inning, his team allowed one with an 8.56 ERA to throw five crisp ones and allow just two runs.
Previewing the American League.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
The Colorado Rockies acquired infielder Marco Scutaro from the Red Sox for right-hander Clayton Mortensen on Saturday in a surprising trade that could pave the way for top Boston prospect Jose Iglesias to take over at shortstop sooner than expected.
New Boston Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington made his first move since his promotion, picked up the contract option on shortstop Marco Scutaro on Sunday
The Boston Red Sox maintained a share of the AL wild-card lead Tuesday night, using four home runs to beat the Baltimore Orioles 8-7 and set up a dramatic conclusion to the regular season.
Boston shortstop Marco Scutaro had to dodge a broken bat and wound up letting the go-ahead single through his legs on Thursday night as the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Red Sox 9-2 and cut their deficit in the AL wild-card race to three games.
Capsules of American League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
Ty Wigginton hit a tie-breaking three-run homer in the seventh and Brad Bergesen pitched six strong innings to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 9-1 victory over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.