- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Marcus Thornton
Marcus Thornton has been around the Brooklyn Nets for only two weeks, so he's still trying to learn his new team's playbook.
Marcus Thornton scored 21 points and made two crucial plays in the final 6 seconds as third-seeded William & Mary defeated second-seeded Towson, 75-71, in a Colonial Athletic Association semifinal Sunday night.
Marcus Thornton and Brandon Britt scored 16 points apiece as third-seeded William & Mary roared back in the second half to defeat sixth-seeded College of Charleston 70-59 in a Colonial Athletic Association tournament quarterfinal Saturday night.
Jason Kidd has a winning record for the first time in his coaching career.
Marcus Thornton knew he was getting a second chance with the Nets and he made the most of it in just his third game with his new team.
Coty Clarke took a year to settle into his role at Arkansas after transferring from junior college.
The Brooklyn Nets didn't take long to put their worst loss in more than 10 years behind them.
Brandon Britt and Omar Prewitt scored 16 points each and, despite one tie early in the game, William & Mary led all the way to defeat Hofstra 79-74 on Wednesday night.
Charles Mann can now see a bright side to Georgia's rough start to the season.
Charles Mann scored 19 points, Marcus Thornton added 15 and Georgia won its second straight game with a 71-56 victory over Missouri on Tuesday night.
The SEC standings make Georgia look like a team worthy of NCAA tournament consideration.
Marcus Thornton scored 25 points for the Tribe, leading William & Mary past Northeastern 81-67 on Saturday.
Kenny Gaines was a little concerned he might come out cold when Georgia didn't get in a shoot-around early Saturday before the Bulldogs took on South Carolina. Turns out, Gaines didn't need the warm up to help the Bulldogs win for the fifth time in six games.
The Golden State Warriors will be without power forward David Lee and center Andrew Bogut against the Brooklyn Nets.
The Sacramento Kings say recently acquired guard Jason Terry will spend the remainder of the season rehabilitating his left knee.
"Anytime you see the ball go through the net, you get confidence about yourself," said Thornton, who scored 15 straight against Memphis last week.
"If I'm open, I'm (going) to shoot it," he said.