- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
Latest Mardi Gras Items
The Krewe of Gretna has formally asked for permission to parade on Mardi Gras behind the Krewe of Grela, returning a truck parade to the Jefferson Parish city for the first time in 14 years.
A Terrebonne Parish parade originally scheduled for Mardi Gras but canceled because of a winter storm may be rescheduled after Easter.
Orleans Parish Sheriff Marlin N. Gusman says there were 895 arrests during the 2014 Mardi Gras season that started Feb. 21 and ended Tuesday.
The merriment of Mardi Gras has ended and the solemn season of Lent has begun Wednesday.
Christians on Wednesday headed into 46 days of Lent, the sacrificial lead-up to Easter -- just a few hours after the revelry of Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, left two dead by gun fire in a parking lot in New Orleans.
Revelers endured winter temperatures and a chilling rain along parade routes Tuesday as New Orleans' 2014 Carnival season neared a close.
Skies were gray, temperatures were chilly, and there was some rain.
The Carnival celebration is in full swing along Alabama's coast this weekend.
A parade of women with a signature float in the shape of a giant high-heel had a different kind of glow this year.