- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Mardy Fish Items
Fish's Twitter feed carried this message Wednesday: "Friends, unfortunately my health won't allow me to compete this year at the US Open. Thank you for all your support."
Fish's 2-6, 6-1, 6-3 comeback against Matthew Ebden of Australia at Rock Creek Park on Monday was his first victory since March and only his second since last fall's U.S. Open.
The struggles started early for the 15th-ranked Stephens, the highest-ranked American behind Serena Williams. She fell behind 0-3 and lost her serve three times in the opening set.
Mardy Fish eased his way back into big-time tennis with an exhibition match against top-ranked Novak Djokovic. The real test comes this week in the Southern California desert.
Mardy Fish hopes to put together a complete tournament schedule for the rest of 2013, including the three remaining Grand Slam events, after he ends a six-month absence brought on by a heart condition.
The U.S. reached the end of the road in its Davis Cup run.
Refusing to allow his opponent even a glimmer of hope under the lights, Andy Murray wrapped up a straight-set win on a drama-free evening inside Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Without Andy Roddick or Mardy Fish, the U.S. Davis Cup team will count on a roster of John Isner, Sam Querrey and twins Bob and Mike Bryan for its semifinal at Spain on Sept. 14-16.
Serena Williams didn't drop a game in advancing to the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open.