- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
Topic - Margaret Doherty
An Oregon bill aimed at reducing underage drinking deaths moves a step closer to a vote Monday when a state House committee meets to work on the measure.
She said a minor-in-possession citation is about as serious as a speeding ticket, but that it seems like "a much bigger deal" to teens and young adults.
She said it is modeled on similar legislation passed in Washington last year.